I am a self-driven and highly-focused fanatic about developing software, with a specialty in Microsoft .NET technologies. I would like to join a team that shares my need for challenges, my hunger for learning, my love for staying on the bleeding edge, and my motivation for producing high quality applications.
- Extremely proficient with C# and ASP.NET MVC
- Extremely proficient with Silverlight and WPF, especially when utilizing MVVM in modular architectures
- Extensive experience with WCF, especially with RIA Services and RESTful web services
- Extensive experience with SQL Server, especially when using OR Mappers such as NHibernate and Entity Framework with a code first approach
- Extremely skilled and efficient with DHTML and CSS
Lead UI Developer, interclickBoca Raton, FL
- Lead developer and architect of the Open Segment Manager (OSM), an audience research application that allowed data analysts to harness data collected in the data warehouse, calculate lift analysis, and build targeted audiences for clients.
- The OSM UI was written in jQuery, ExtJs, and Silverlight 4. This client interfaced a set of WCF Data Services (.NET 4.0, C#) that exposed a data tier based on Entity Framework 4 and SQL Server 2008.
- Lead developer and architect of the Ad Trafficking System (ATS), the core web application used internally to manage nearly every facet of the business (configure publishers and advertisers, optimize campaigns, multi-faceted ad targeting, etc.).
- Ad Status Indicator – ExtJs plugin that dynamically pulled the status of groups of ads as they were scrolled into view on a grid, and generating a flyout popup to provide status details.
- Created an intuitive, accordion-based user interface for ad targeting using jQuery and ExtJs. Provided at-a-glance, natural language summaries of the mutiple facets of targeting, with the convenient ability to drill down and manipulate each facet. The natural language would update with each action, to give the user a clear summary of the changes made.
- Sliding Panels – Completely custom jQuery plugin that provided a unique approach to workflow wizards. Each panel would initially display relevant information, and would shrink to a minimum mode as the step was completed and the next panel was revealed.
- FollowText – Completely custom jQuery plugin that allowed convenient wireup of fields that usually had the same information; the text would dynamically input into other fields as the user typed, but would not override custom input.
- Wrote a RESTful based service layer in ASP.NET MVC that made requests very intuitive and understandable for other developers to call and extend.
- Derived a custom SiteMapProvider to properly accomodate MVC's departure from Web Forms. Also featured dynamic breadcrumbs that could efficiently self-build based on the stored metadata.
- Used profiling tools and wrote unit tests to optimize performance both client side and server side in the most data-intensive portions of ATS.
- Utilized a TDD approach to fleshing out rules and logic in the business tier.
- Coded a generic data repository with a fluent interface for chaining various lazy-loading scenarios when constructing nHibernate queries.
- Managed the UI/Logic team to complete the initial ATS project, as well as maintain and extend in subsequent iterations.
Senior Developer, WhoLived LLC.West Palm Beach, FL
- Website facilitated the sharing of official records between professionals and their clients, and allowed users to document their life through events and media. Built with ASP.NET, C#, jQuery, WCF RESTful web services, and SQL Server 2008.
- Head of UI development, which included creation of several jQuery plugins to facilitate the advanced AJAX-based document and media browsing, sharing, filtering, sorting, and searching.
- Created several ASP.NET custom controls, including some to extend the databinding capabilities of ObjectDataSource.
- Created C# based server media processor to process user-uploaded documents, transcode videos, and crop/resize images with ImageMagick, GDI+, and FFmpeg.
- Rewrote entire database schema to accommodate fundamental changes in business model and better understanding of data.
- Managed and delegated tasks to junior developers and web designers.
- Wrote company technical specifications, coding convention documents, and user interface design documents.
Senior Developer, iS3 (STOPzilla!)Boynton Beach, FL
- Lead developer and architect in complete redesign of CRM client server application, which was used by marketing, sales, and customer support to track customer trouble tickets, place orders, and manage resellers. Built using C#, WPF, Smart Client Software Factory, ClickOnce, and WCF Services with SQL Server 2005
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the malware discovery system, entitled “Singularity”, which was used by our in house team of researchers to discover new malware threats, analyze customer scans, and create target definitions for the STOPzilla! Anti-spyware product. Built with ASP.NET, C#, and SQL Server 2000 for the first version.
- Primary developer in Singularity client application redesign, using a client server approach with WinForms (C#), ClickOnce, and WCF Web Services with SQL Server 2005.
- Provided guidance and coding best practices to junior developers assigned to maintain the CRM application.
Freelance Projects, Semular IncorporatedWest Palm Beach, FL
- ShortRunCards.com – online e-commerce website using ASP.NET MVC, jQuery on storefront, and Silverlight 4 with RIA Services in administration console
- SamuelMueller.com – personal blog using a customized version of WordPress.
- FCATonline.com / CAHSEEonline.com – online student testing suite using ASP.NET AJAX, jQuery, C#, and SQL Server 2008.
- StorkMagnets.com – e-commerce website with real-time magnet customization using ASP.NET AJAX, C#, and SQL Server 2005.
- RealEstateMagnets.com – e-commerce website with real-time magnet customization using ASP.NET AJAX, C#, GDI+, and SQL Server 2005.
- Biz-Mag.com – e-commerce website with real-time invitation card customization using ASP.NET AJAX, C#, GDI+, and SQL Server 2005.
- InnerCircleInvitations.com – e-commerce website with real-time invitation card customization using ASP.NET AJAX, GDI+, C#, and SQL Server 2005.
- MorraDesigns.com – e-commerce website that sells custom jewelry. Built with C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2000.
- 1stStreetGallery.com – image gallery website with administration functionality to manage artists and their media. Built with C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2000.
Webmaster, Florida Atlantic University (Computer Science Dept.)Boca Raton, FL
- Recommended for the position by my professor, based on excellent performance in his web programming course at the university.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Florida Atlantic University
- High School Diploma, Plantation High School, FL